FromMessage
1993 Dakota
Dodge Dakota
JOIN HERE

2/15/2006
22:48:00

Subject: Code 27-on a 93 5.2
IP: Logged

Anyone had this code on a 93-5.2? What was the repair. Thanks.

Vehicle uses lots of fuel, did a combined check on 50/50 freeway/city, got a terrible 13.5 mpg.
Sure it can do better than that. Done all the typical stuff: new plugs,wires,cap,rotor,air filter,belly pan gasket, 02 sensor.

Dan M
Dodge Dakota
JOIN HERE
 Email

2/16/2006
00:34:51

RE: Code 27-on a 93 5.2

could be bad wiring / splice from pcm to injectors.

- Dan M

Peter
Dodge Dakota
JOIN HERE
 Email

2/16/2006
01:13:14

first , I hope you got good plugs and wires , yes they do make a difference . I run platinum Champions and for me , I find them great . If your ride has alot of miles , consider a timing gear , check the play in your distributer, meanig the rotor button , it should move but only slightly , don`t forget the bushing for the gear . Does it rev high , maybe your gearing is high , frankly , poor fuel milage could be caused by a number of things , oh yeah , did I say vacumn leaks , look carefully at everyone , a small leak can cost alot of fuel . Last off , if nothing else fails , take it to dodge for a diagnostic test . It relatively inexpensive and from this , you may get a few recommendations or even a fix . Your fuel economy is really not off from anyone I know that drives these trucks , when I drove a 01 R/T , I was lucky if I got 13mpg , have a 93 4X4 v-8 , hard to tell how its doing , too many recent overhauls , and my 03 Ram 4X4 beat em all at 17-18 city and 20-21 hwy . 4.7 with a 5 speed make the best economy I`ve seen from a dodge yet . If gas is a problem , then so is dodge , gulp gulp gulp !!

1993 Dakota
Dodge Dakota
JOIN HERE

2/16/2006
21:20:22

Thanks all. I really like my truck, has been in the family since brand new. I think I will get the truck scoped at dodge, live with the outcome.
The truck sucks fuel, but I don't owe a dime on it, never has let me down in the 8 years I have personally owned it.

93SuperDak
GenII
 User Profile

2/17/2006
07:27:39

I have a '93 and had a code 27 - I think its the #5 injector code. My problem was intermittant where the motor ran fine one minute and missed the next - In my case the problem was the computer itself. I went nuts tracing wires, changing injectors and connections.

Gotta love them on ramps!

P 1

Post a reply to this message:

Username Registration: Optional
All visitors are allowed to post messages

Name:
Email:
Notify me when I get a reply to my message:Yes  No

Icons:            

Subject:

Home | Forums | Members | Pictures | Contact Us

This site is in no way affiliated with Chrysler or any of its subsidiaries.