Eric
Dodge Dakota
JOIN HERE
 Email

3/27/2008
14:27:11

Subject: lift blocks, new shocks?
IP: Logged

I have a 2001 quad cab 4x4 4.7l. I have the t bars cranked with 33x10.50r15's on it, and the truck has a heavy after market bed cap on it. With the heavy cap and the t bar crank, the truck actually looks like it sags in the back now. I want to put about 1 inch lift blocks under the rear leafs to make it look better, but my question is will I need new longer shocks to do this??? Thanks for any help.

other bill
Dodge Dakota
JOIN HERE
 Email

3/27/2008
15:02:56

RE: lift blocks, new shocks?

Not for a 1" block...not even for a 2" block...unless you go off-roading and fully (downward) extend your rear suspension. Then the shock would work like a limiting strap. You Can, but I think it would be over kill...IMO

eric
Dodge Dakota
JOIN HERE
 Email

3/27/2008
19:26:05

thanks, one other question. Same question actually but about the front end. Again, t bars are cranked about 2 inches, any need for shocks in the front? Already had it aligned after the t bar crank, shouldn't need it aligned again just for the small lift blocks in the back right? correct me if I'm wrong.

Kowalski
GenIII
 User Profile

3/28/2008
04:33:14

You are correct. Mine's been lifted in the front like that for over 7 years - original front shocks are still fine.

Lead, follow, or get out of the way

rocketmn000
Dodge Dakota
JOIN HERE
 Email

5/25/2008
19:46:51

I did a torsion crank in the front and 3" blocks in rear. You can still use the OE shocks, in the back I went to a longer shock - had to, was getting too much of a hop and it would come down hard. 1-2" of lift in back I think you'll still be okay with OE shocks, anything over, get a longer one.

best pron
Dodge Dakota
JOIN HERE
 Email

12/21/2018
00:29:02

nEAmpplVDjImpAr

IPpmOw Your style is very unique in comparison to other people I have read stuff from. I appreciate you for posting when you ave got the opportunity, Guess I all just bookmark this site.

P 1

Post a reply to this message:

Username Registration: Optional
All visitors are allowed to post messages

Name:
Email:
Notify me when I get a reply to my message:Yes  No

Icons:            

Subject:

Home | Forums | Members | Pictures | Contact Us

This site is in no way affiliated with Chrysler or any of its subsidiaries.